I received a nomination from Mara Lee, of 225 Water Street fame, for a Kreativ Blogger Award. I’d never even heard of such a thing, but that shows how much I know! Google it, and you find TONS of information as well as other blogs that have received this award. It’s a kudos from fellow bloggers on a job well done.
Mara seems to be a very artistic person, and well spoken. I very much enjoy her posts, and appreciate her thoughtfulness in regards to my nomination.
As for the Kreativ Blogger Award? Not to snatch a line from Mara’s post, but as she put it: FYI … This award was established in 2008 by a Norwegian woman named Hulda Husfrue, to congratulate and motivate fellow bloggers on their work.
So, there you have it. We can all use the pat on the back for all the dedication we put into our blogs, no matter how large or small the following!
Now, as with mostly everything in life, there are rules that go along with receiving this nomination, but they are easy to follow and even easier to do:
- You must thank the person who has given you the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
The seven things about myself you may find interesting:
1. I’m allergic to metal. Those silver hoops you see me wearing almost daily? Clip-ons. I can’t have anything metal inserted into my skin, lest I break out into a bad rash.
2. I’m training to run a marathon in every state. I’ve accomplished Nebraska so far, and my next state in the works is South Dakota. I have to run two marathons a year in order to reach my goal before I die.
3. I hate coffee. I don’t understand the fascination with it- when I go to a coffee shop, I always drink hot cocoa while everyone else is enjoying coffee-related beverages.
4. I have no fear of snakes, lizards, bugs, etc. I was raised by a father who is an expert in herpetology, and I was surrounded by all of it growing up. I had pet lizards as a child. I was nicknamed “lizard lady” in 6th grade.
5. I have one too many teeth on the bottom of my mouth. Where most people have 4 in between their canines, I have five. Yet, somehow I managed to get out of that without needing braces.
6. I’ve hated bacon practically my whole life. During my pregnancy with Nolan, I LOVED bacon, and I still eat it to this day! My husband says that Nolan gave him the gift of bacon.
7. My longest male relationship is my cat, Tank. He’s been with me almost 13 years!
And, the seven blogs I’m nominating:
Thanks again Mara, for thinking of me!