you make coughs. Sneezes. The occasional sore throat and runny nose.
And often times when you are handed germs, and you become ill, you are told to rest.
Since my brain has turned to germalicious mush, and there are no creative thoughts floating in my head, I’m going to rest. But, I will still leave you with a little something. I wrote this back in 2010, so technically I’m not bailing out. I’m just borrowing from my own works. I find myself reading this from time to time, when life hands me lemons, not germs. Maybe this will offer you solace today, if you need it.
There are nights where I have trouble sleeping… and one night, I decided to write this to myself… and on days where I feel crazy, or nights where I start to think too much, I re-read what I wrote… maybe some of this will help you on nights you can’t sleep….
1. Stop over-analyzing things. You work yourself up over something, that ends up being nothing. It’s not ever so bad that you can’t handle it. And most times, it will end up being nothing.
2. You are a good person, and you try your best, but there will be times that you make mistakes. There will be times you may choose to do the wrong thing, and that’s ok, because you are human, and that’s what humans do. They stumble and try to find their way through this life, and they go by trial and error, and you are only doing what you can. If you make a mistake, and you see it, then you know the right way to go after that mistake. And that’s ok.
3. You have the choice to do what you want in your life, no one else has the right to tell you otherwise. If you are upset about something, change it. If you want your life to go down a different path, make it happen. Only you have that power, no one else. No one else has the power to make you feel a certain way, or behave a certain way. No one can take that from you, so don’t let them.
4. You have the power to change your life at any time. It doesn’t matter how old you are, or how deep in something you are. It can be at any point in your life, so don’t let where you are dictate what you do. You can always turn it around, at any time.
5. Trust in love. Trust in friendship. Trust in your faith in God. Trust that He is looking out for you, and when you have something thrown at you, it’s a test and a lesson learned. Trust in your family, and appreciate what you have in your life. Don’t overlook what you’ve been given. Covet that.